Diagnostic testing helps us both understand what’s actually going on inside the body so that we can develop a more effective treatment plan based on factual biological data.
Below you can find a list of the various tests I may recommend depending on your health and wellness requirements.
Femme Health FDX03 | General Health including Hormones
Fatigued and experiencing low energy? Worried about immunity or concerned with your vitamin or mineral status? If you want to determine the specific needs, deficiencies and imbalances then the comprehensive FDX Ultra Panel is for you.
The FDX Ultra offers the most in-depth analysis of your health condition, helping detect or predict various chronic conditions such as heart disease, diabetes, inflammation, and more.
Over 80 biomarkers are included as well as our exclusive and extensive health reports.
- Those who need to identify undiagnosed or unidentified underlying health issues.
- Those that already have displaced long term chronic symptoms or have an existing diagnosis/conditions.
- Those who wish to have an Entry Level full health MOT.
Thyroid Inspect FDX15 | Comprehensive Thyroid Inspection
The thyroid gland’s hormone function has a significant impact on overall health. Multiple diseases and disorders can be associated with thyroid functionality and can develop at any age. Thyroid dysfunction could lead to a range of health conditions such as metabolic syndrome, heart disease, diabetes, hormonal, and sex hormone imbalances.
- Those who display multiple symptoms including those unrelated to thyroid symptoms
- Those that show clinical signs of autoimmune disorders
- Those with signs and symptoms including hair loss, tiredness, fatigue, weight gain, weight loss, and other thyroid-related symptoms
Weight Aware FDX29 | Weight Concerns
Being in good health is not just a measure of weight, BMI and obesity risk, however, weight or body mass may be a contributing factor, indicating multiple system dysfunctions and future health risks.
- Those with weight concerns looking for a comprehensive review of their health status
- Those who are struggling to lose or gain weight, looking to identify areas of dysfunction contributing to their plateau
- Those with weight concerns or complications and conditions or symptoms that require a comprehensive investigation
- Those with weight concerns or complications looking to identify current and future health risks
- Active B12
- Aluminium Serum
- Apolipoprotein A1
- Apolipoprotein B
- Copper Serum
- Cortisol Serum am
- Creatine Kinase
- Estradiol E2
- Free t3
- Free t4
- Lipoprotein (a)
- Parathyroid hormone
- Selenium Serum
- Sex Hormone Binding Globulin
- Testosterone Total
- Total T4
- Total T3
Femme Reset FDX26 | Anti-aging concerns
Whilst the average life expectancy of a woman in the UK is now 83.2 years old, recent data suggests women whilst living longer will be sicker in later life, and a woman can expect to live in declining and ill health after aged 63 i.e. 25% of her life.
Femme Reset is created to give a comprehensive insight into the intricate interplay of the body systems and their implications on your optimal health.
- Those women who would like a comprehensive review of their bodies ageing status
- Those women concerned or wanting to know more about their health outlook, looking to identify potential areas for ageing acceleration risk.
- Those women interested in ageing well and looking to future proof their health and wellbeing / reduce the ageing process
- Those women with conditions or symptoms that suggest concerns to longevity and vitality in old years such as Diabetes, metabolic conditions, Osteoporosis, and cardiovascular disease
- Those with a family history of ageing and degenerative conditions
- Recommended for those over 45 years old, but this test can be run at any age, especially if accelerated ageing is suspected.
Cardio Check FDX21 | Cardiovascular Health Profile
Heart disease is the second leading cause of adult deaths in the UK. Almost 50% of all heart attack patients display traditional early warning markers for cardiovascular disease (CVD).
This is why Functional DX has carefully curated the Cardio Check Panel, a state-of-the-art panel reporting on over 110 markers.
- Those that are interested in gauging their current heart health
- Those with an existing predisposition of history of CVD issues including those with a sedentary lifestyle and unbalanced diet
- Those with the following suspected conditions: insulin resistance, immune and inflammatory disorders, weight gain and obesity
Workplace FDX31 | Performance and Stress Resilience
Work-related stress is growing. It is no secret that stress impacts how we function and our performance – both at work and in your personal life. In 2019, stress, depression, or anxiety accounted for 44% of all work-related ill health cases and 54% of all working days lost due to ill health, contributing to over 12.8 million lost working days in the UK.
- Those experiencing health issues which are impacting their performance at work
- Those who are concerned about their health in the workplace
- Those who wish to support the health and wellbeing of their employees
- Those with signs and symptoms or existing chronic conditions that are requiring support within the workplace
- Employers who are actively seeking health support for their employees and aware of the effects of exogenous stress in their workplace.
GI Effects Comprehensive Stool Profile
This is one of the most comprehensive stool tests currently on the market. It provides immediate, actionable clinical information for the management of gastrointestinal health. Biomarkers are grouped and scored in 5 key areas relating to GI function:•
- Metabolite Imbalance
- B Vitamins
- Essential Fatty Acids
- Digestive Support
The personalised supplement recommendations, adjusted for the age and sex of the patient, guide therapeutic protocols in identifying clinical imbalances that may inhibit optimal health.
The complete NutrEval FMV includes:
- Metabolic Analysis (urine organic acids)
- Urine Amino Acid Analysis (essential and non-essential amino acids, plus intermediary metabolites)
- Essential and Metabolic Fatty Acids (red blood cell essential and non-essential fatty acids, including Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids)
- Oxidative Stress Analysis (blood and urine biomarkers indicative of oxidative stress)
- Elemental Markers (both nutrient and toxic elements)
Please click here to view the sample report.
SIBO Test | Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth
Conditions commonly associated with SIBO include:
- Coeliac Disease
- Parkinson’s Disease
Adrenal Stress Profile | Assessing Stress Response and Resiliency
The Adrenal Stress Profile (ASP) provides an assessment of the Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Adrenal (HPA) axis using carefully timed salivary samples of the hormones cortisol and DHEA. Salivary testing is an easy, non-invasive option to measure unbound, biologically active parent hormone levels. The report offers an easy-to-interpret graphic which plots the results of cortisol’s natural diurnal rhythm.
The symptoms of HPA axis dysfunction can be vague, and are highly variable, but may include: fatigue, insomnia, weight gain, depression, GI complaints, and chronic pain. HPA axis dysfunction is associated with many conditions including:
- Cardiovascular disease
- Gastrointestinal and immune
- Diabetes and metabolic syndrome
- Chronic fatigue
- Persistent pain
- Neurodegenerative disease
Adrenal Stress Profile testing can reveal these HPA axis imbalances and provide direction for clinical intervention with targeted therapeutic treatments, such as nutrient support and/or adaptogens, stress management, behavioural modification, and lifestyle interventions.
View Sample Report
This test is a more cost effective way of combining the Total Thyroid Screen with Reverse T3 to give the full picture of thyroid health status. Thyroid imbalances have far-reaching effects and elicit fatigue, depression, coldness, constipation, poor skin, headaches, PMS, dysmenorrhea, fluid retention, weight gain, anxiety/panic attacks, decreased memory and concentration, muscle and joint pain, and a low sex drive.
Dutch Complete | Hormone Imbalance
DUTCH (Dried Urine Test for Comprehensive Hormones) Complete can help identify the root causes of hormone imbalances in men and women.
It can provide insights into conditions such as the menopause, PCOS, weight gain, fatigue, low libido, premenstrual syndrome, mood swings, sleep issues, mood disorders and prostate issues in men.
Additionally, the test can be used to gather baseline measurements for the administration and monitoring of hormone replacement therapy.
The profile analyses 35 different hormones; oestrogen, progesterone, testosterone, DHEA-S and cortisol along with their metabolites. It also measures daily free cortisol, the oxidative stress marker 8OHdG, melatonin and six organic acids including markers for vitamin B12 (methylmalonate), vitamin B6 (xanthurenate), glutathione (pyroglutamate), dopamine (homovanillate), norepinephrine/epinephrine (vanilmandelate), and serotonin (5-hydroxy indole acetate).
View Sample Report
Want to find out how Diagnostic Testing can help you discover more about yourself?
Using the tools we have available to us to gather your biological data helps me create unique and effective recommendations for how to rebalance your health and create a happy healthy lifestyle. To find out more about how I can help you, click on the button below to fill out a New Client Enquiry and get started.